Our mission is
Our mission is
- To promote the highest levels of achievement in ageing services, research, and training in the Region.
- To develop geriatric medicine in the MENAAA Region as an independent specialty caring for older people with age-related disease.
- To promote training of highly qualified personnel in the fields of aging.
- To support the development of health services suitable for an ageing population.
- To promote the scientific study of aging by direct members and member organizations, and to promote cooperation among these organizations.
- To promote research and knowledge about Alzheimer's disease and to raise public awareness about the disease.
- To expand education in aging; and to develop the qualifications of gerontologists by setting high standards of professional ethics, conduct, education, and achievement.
- To foster application of research to the field of practice; and to advance the utilization of research in the development of public policy; and to disseminate research findings by means of its publications.
- To promote and assist in the arrangements for holding the Middle-East & North Africa Congress of Gerontology at intervals determined by the Council.
- To create new, and strengthen current connections and networks
- To interact with other international, inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations in the promotion of Aging interests regionally & globally and on behalf of its member associations.